Water, Storm, Sewage and Mold Damage Restoration in Boise, Idaho
One of the more common challenges Boise homeowners encounter over the life of their home is water damage. Even small-scale water problems can be a cause for concern, as water damage can impact the overall health, livability, and value of a Boise home. In the case of water damage, it is important to contact property restoration specialists experienced and certified in the removal and treatment of water afflicted areas.
Our specialists at CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration can help guide a Boise homeowner through all stages of the restoration process. We can ensure the safety of your family, save you from additional frustrations wrought by unaddressed water issues, and handle coordination with your insurance company.
Common Causes for Water Damage in Boise Homes
- Faulty appliance waterlines
- Leaky pipes
- Sewer main backup
- Water damage after a fire has been extinguished
- Clogged drains
- Rusted and corroded pipes
- Frozen pipes that burst
- Accidentally leaving water running
- Groundwater intrusion
Areas of the Home Commonly Affected by Water Damage
Leaks may occur in various areas of your Boise home, but commonly they affect your roof, attic, and basement. Since appliances such as a dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerator, and hot water heaters can commonly break and flood into surrounding areas such as the laundry room and kitchen are also commonly affected. Additionally, any area of your Boise home that has plumbing presents an opportunity for leaks meaning bathrooms are equally susceptible.
You Should Address Damage to a Home Immediately
Sustained leaks can cause serious and systemic damage to a Boise home. As a result, it is important to address water-related concerns quickly. Some key problems associated with water damage include:
- Weakened or damaged house infrastructure
- Increased opportunities for mold and mildew growth
- Increased possibility of electrical issues or electrical shock
- Health concerns related to standing water exposure, including breathing problems
- Decreased functionality in the home
- Damage to appliances, furniture, and other household items
- Sanitary issues related to raw sewage
Left untreated, smaller water problems can grow considerably and lead to bigger financial concerns in the long run. Sometimes, Boise homeowners delay addressing water damage because concerns are limited to an area of the house that is not often used. Unfortunately, water problems affecting one area of the house often spread to others. Mold growth can affect your ductwork, causing foul odors to spread throughout a home. Water can leach into walls and other infrastructure, causing deterioration and staining. Leaks in upper areas of houses are particularly worrisome, as water tends to travel through walls and flooring, damaging insulation, sheetrock, paint, and setting the stage for mold development.
Health Problems Associated with Water Damage
One of the more concerning issues related to water damage is exposure to potentially hazardous health conditions. This can cause significant and lasting effects, especially for groups that are most susceptible to exposure like children and the elderly.
In Boise, water damage from leaks or storms can cause mold to grow in crawl spaces, near furnaces, and air conditioning systems and contaminate the air supply of your home. Mold can cause respiratory ailments and exacerbate sickness.
Bacteria and other microorganisms affecting your health thrive in areas of standing water and contact with standing water can induce more serious illnesses.
More directly, flooding can jeopardize the safety of your home, presenting electrical hazards where in contact with wires as well as appliances and other electrical devices.
Immediate Steps to Take in Response to Water Damage to Your Home
There are steps that you should take to help ensure the safety of your family and your Boise home if you experience water damage from a leak, storm, sewage backup, or other disasters:
- Shut off power and water in or near affected areas.
- Contact emergency services if an injury has occurred.
- Research insurance policies related to water damage to determine coverage options. Since time can be of the essence it’s advisable to always understand your policy in advance if possible.
- Contact CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration, a certified restoration specialist and professional repair company in Boise, for assistance in draining and cleaning water affected areas of your Boise home in a safe and expedient fashion.
Why Choose CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration in Boise for Mold and Water Damage Restoration?
- We specialize in repairing water damage resulting from basement and crawl space floods, sewage backup, burst pipes, fire damage, snow/ice, and natural disasters.
- We offer 24/7 customer support and specialize in water extraction, evaporation, and dehumidification, as well as decontamination and mold remediation services. For immediate service, we offer a 24/7 emergency hotline at (208) 291-5660.
- Our restoration specialists have the tools and experience required to see your project through from beginning to end.
- We are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration, and hold additional certifications relating to lead removal and decontamination.
- We take every insurance and we work directly with the insurance companies to alleviate you from any difficulties of navigating complex insurance claims on your own.
- We provide updates over the duration of your project, so you are well informed as to the progress of the restoration.
- We are located in the Boise area, are family operated and we are locally owned.
- In the past twenty-five years, we’ve become the #1 recommended restoration company by insurance agents & past clients in Boise.
Water Damage in Boise
Boise, Idaho is a beautiful city with lots to offer. It is the capital of Idaho, the largest city in Idaho and Boise is the county seat for Ada County. The city of Boise was developed on the Boise River which is a tributary of the Snake River and a drainage for the Sawtooth Range and Snake River Plain. The Boise River, as well as the dams along it, provide water storage and opportunities for recreation.
Boise’s cold winter months can sometimes put a strain on water systems. Ice, snow, and wind are three key culprits of concern in Boise, as excessive snow and shifts in temperature can cause drainage issues as well as burst pipes. In 2017, an especially wet winter combined with mismanagement of water in the dams meant that areas along the Boise greenbelt and Boise River experienced massive flooding. This created specific challenges for many Boise homeowners and the city of Boise is still very much reeling from the estimated millions of dollars of damage.
Water damage preparedness for your Boise home can help to alleviate potential problems encountered in the household and offset property damage should this situation happen in Boise again. CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration are very familiar with water, storm, sewage and mold concerns in the city of Boise and we are poised to help each time the need arises.
CTR Related Services and 24/7 Emergency Hotline
In the case that your concerns extend beyond water and flood damage, CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration also offers services to treat fire, smoke, content, wind, and storm damage. Whatever the issues affecting your Boise home, you are well covered with CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration.
If you are currently experiencing an issue with water damage in your home, consider calling our certified Boise specialists at CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration. We offer immediate dispatch 24/7 at (208) 291-5660. Contact emergency services if an injury has occurred.
Restoration Services In The Greater Boise Area
When disaster strikes, call CTR Cleanup and Total Restoration in Boise, ID. We offer 24/7 service for immediate emergency response.